Porterville Municipal Airport (PTV) is a great destination to fly, or the right place to learn to fly, but it's also a terrific place to meet interesting people and get to see innovative aircraft... both production and experimental alike. The inviting atmosphere at the airfield restaurant gives you the feeling of belonging, a lot of business is conducted over a cup of coffee and good meal.
“For fifty years the Airport has not let me down. It is great flying. I have trained many students and there is no better classroom for flight training than the Porterville Municipal Airport.”
Lennard Patton, Airport CFI
Porterville Municipal Airport is the gateway
to the Southern Sierras Mountains located
in the heart of the California central
valley agricultural region.
Home of the CalFire/US Forest Service
Air Attack Base Porterville serves as
Guardians of the Southern Giant Sequoias Protectors of the Southern Sierra mountains.
- Porterville Municipal Airport offers pilots an expansive 6,000' runway that is 150' wide supporting a vast array of mid-size aircraft.
- Airport Aviation Services include: Full-service AvFuel and Jet-A; self-serve card-lock AvFuel; Pilot's Planning Room; Aircraft repair and maintenance.
- PTV is home to a regional flight charter service.
- We're proud of our Award Winning restaurant warmed with hometown hospitality and flavored with great local cuisine.
- Porterville Municipal Airport offers tremendous opportunities for Aviation or Industrial development.
"After flying Airshows for over twenty years I still enjoy the Porterville size show the best. Everything is more personal and everyone feels like it's more "their show". The planes and pilots are accessible to the public, so great pictures and autographs are easy to get. These shows are always a great day of family fun at an affordable price."
Wayne Handley, Airshow Performer
"Porterville Municipal Airport is probably one of the valleys best kept secrets - a great runway, great people, & a lot of aviation history. An attraction for my Council locating two businesses on the field is convenience & amenities. I would highly recommend aviation enthusiasts & entrepreneurs to become a part of the PTV family."
Dave Nenna, CEO, Economic Development