John D. Lollis
As City Manager of the City of Porterville, it is with great pleasure that I welcome you to our City's web site. We are in the midst of what is one of the most challenging economic times in California's history. We are proud to say that among the City Council's priorities, is a commitment to maintain current employee levels and continue with the many City projects currently in progress. That commitment to meet those challenges is not only motivating us through these difficult times, but also providing our city with many opportunities to take advantage of those challenges and propel us into a better future for our community.
As the administrative head of the City, the City Manager is appointed by the City Council to enforce municipal law, direct the daily activities and operations of the City, and prepare and implement the City Budget. Duties include:
- Communicate with elected officials as they develop policies
- Ensure that all laws and policies are equitably enforced throughout the community
- Obtain input from City residents and members of the business community to address and solve problems
- Prepare the annual Budget, submit it to the City Council for approval, and implement the adopted Budget
- Investigate citizen complaints and problems and recommend changes
- Undertake special studies, research and projects to manage and complete City Council directives.
Phone: (559) 782-7466 Fax: (559) 791-7999 Email: email@example.com