Print this page
The Building Division provides plan checking, permitting, and inspection services for new construction, additions and remodels within the City of Porterville.
The primary objectives of the Building Division are to provide construction standards enforcement in order to properly safeguard health and property in the interest of public welfare.
In addition to new construction, the Building Division inspects substandard
buildings and issues notices for rehabilitation or demolition, if required.
The Building Division is responsible for enforcement of building codes as they apply to all phases of site plan, building and structure inspections.
- Located at 291 N. Main Street
- General Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm; (559) 782-7480
- Field Inspectors Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 9 am and 1 pm to 2 pm
- Field inspection hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am to Noon, and 2 pm to 5 pm
- Inspection requests may be made Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm; (559) 782-7480
- Permit Issuance hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm;
Please note: inspections need to be scheduled one (1) business day in advance of the requested date of inspection. Special requests for inspection times will be taken into consideration but cannot be guaranteed.