Print this page
Here are some local, state, and national resources for entrepreneurs.
Business LicenseIf you are going to conduct any type of business within the city limits of Porterville, you must have a business license.
If you live inside the city limits of Porterville and are going to conduct your business out of your home, you are required to have a Home Occupation Permit.
Applications for a Porterville Business License are available through the City of Porterville Finance Department, located at 291 N. Main Street, Porterville, CA 93257, (559) 782-7457.
Following are steps to apply for a City of Porterville Business License:
- Complete the full application.
- Note an opening date (or estimated date).
- List all that apply: social security number, Federal Tax ID number, Resale Permit number.
- Last six months gross receipts – estimate the gross receipts for the business from the opening date to the expiration date. This amount will determine your license fee.
- Sign the application.
- Enclose a check for that appropriate fee. (If you are unsure about the fee, contact the Finance Department at (559) 784-7457.
- Read and sign the information sheet. Return the white copy to the Finance Department. A copy of the completed form will be returned to you with your license.
- Learn More: General Business License Information