Print this page
Application Period: Dec 1, 2021- Feb 1, 2022
The Military Banner Program was started in 2016 for the Porterville area as a way to honor both current and past military personnel for their service to the nation and community. The banner acts as a public expression of gratitude that pays tribute to the courage, commitment, and heroism displayed by individuals who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Loved ones may nominate a military hero to be honored with a banner that will show the individual’s name and photo. Individuals may also self-nominate for the program. The banners will be displayed on major streets throughout the City. They will be raised each year for Memorial Day. See sample banner
- Submit completed nomination form along with a military photo of the service person. Digital or physical photographs are accepted.
- The cost of the banner is $175 and shall be the responsibility of the applicant. The City will sponsor and waive the banner fee for any nomination that is submitted on behalf of local military personnel that were killed in action (KIA).
- Nominations will be accepted December 1, 2021- February 1, 2022 for the 2022 display period.
- Banners will be raised for Memorial Day of 2022.
- Honorees will be included in the Staff Informational Reports section of the City Council agenda prior to the banner being raised.
- Once the integrity of the banner has diminished over time, it will be removed and presented to the sponsor and/or honoree. The sponsorship can be renewed with the fee for a new banner.
|Apply Online||Visit our Activity Catalog and select 'Military Banner- New (21/22)' under the Special Programs section. Create an account or login to add the activity to your cart and complete the application process.*
*If purchasing multiple banners, please use separate transactions for each banner.
|Print Application||Print the application and submit with a photo and payment to our office at 15 E. Thurman Ave., Suite A. Our office is open Mon- Fri, 7:30 AM- 5:30 PM.|
View Complete Program Policy
To qualify for the program, the following criteria must be met:
- The honoree is a current or past member of the United States Armed Forces
- The honoree is a current or past resident within the Porterville area
- The honoree's discharge from military service must be honorable
Search for an honoree by name in the search box (top left) or browse through all individuals! Military Banner Map
2021 Virtual Ceremony
The Porterville City Council celebrated the 2021 honorees in a special video tribute available on the City of Porterville YouTube account. Although disappointed that we couldn’t meet in person, we are proud to fill the streets of our community with these special tributes to our local military personnel.