The Holidays may feel a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the season! The second annual Christmas Home Decorating Contest invites community members to deck out their homes to see which one shines the brightest. The participating homes will be judged on visual impact, creativity/ innovation, use of space, incorporation of a theme, and cohesiveness. "Judges Choice" will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners based on the contest criteria. "People's Choice" will be determined by photo submissions from the contestants and voting from the public. Contestants must be Porterville residents to qualify for a prize, but all local residents are invited to be on the community map!
Take the tour
Grab a cup of cocoa, get in the holiday spirit, and load up in the family vehicle to check out all of the festive homes in our community. All participants received a yard sign to identify their home for the contest. Each of the locations is unique and awesomely creative in its own way and are best seen at night.
Just click on the enlarge symbol in the top right corner of the map to get addresses and a view of all the participating homes!
People's Choice Photo Gallery
2022 Winners Announced
THIRD PLACE (TIE)
645 N Belmont St
A Lit Christmas
635 Salisbury Street
A Miranda Christmas
Robert & Crystal Miranda
2158 W. Union Ave.
Christmas Gnomes lost in Smeeville
Smee Family (aka "Smeeville")
Thank You Participants!
|Address||Home Title||Family Name|
|2264 W San Lucia Ct||Hey Edison I need more Power!||Davin family Christmas|
|968 E Dixie Dr||Christmas On Dixie||Monroe Family|
|90 N Kessing||Musical Christmas on Kessing Street||Musical Christmas on Kessing Street|
|2158 W. Union Ave.||"Christmas Gnomes lost in Smeeville"||Smee Family (aka "Smeeville")|
|635 Salisbury Street||A Miranda Christmas||Robert & Crystal Miranda|
|1686 River Springs Ave||Santa's Toy Shop||The Carbajals|
|922 W Springville Ave||yeah throw that up||Casa de Perez|
|1120 North Beverly St||The Little Christmas Spirit||Kira & Brian|
|854 W Kanai Avenue||Candy Christmas||Nuckols ‘n’ King|
|870 N. Plano St #101||Old-school Christmas||Martinez Fam|
|61 Carmelita St||Shining Bright!||Day Family|
|2311 West Orange Ave||Candy Cane Village||Miller Family|
|1275 w Westfield Ave||Colorful, beautiful, funny,||Zepeda, Martinez Family|
|1240 Ohio Place||Frosty's Place||M & M Conner|
|281 North "F" St||Pretty in Plaid||Deetzfam|
|645 N Belmont St||A Lit Christmas||Josh Markin|
|1966 N Newcomb St.||Winter Wonderland||Wonderlands|
|1780 Memory Ln||Gremlins attack New York for Christmas||Vasquez Family|
- All participants will receive a yard sign to identify their home for the contest.
- Our team of judges will be assessing visual impact, creativity/ innovation, use of space, incorporation of a theme, and cohesiveness.
- In-person judging for "Judges Choice" will take place between December 20- 22. A final schedule will be provided to participants after all entries are collected. Participants do not need to be present or available during judging.
- People's Choice will be voted on by the public based on participant photo submissions. Participants can chose not to enter this portion of the contest.
- Winners will be announced by December 23 on our social media pages and website. "Judges Choice" will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners based on the criteria; "People's Choice" will be awarded for the most votes on our online poll.
- There is no cost to register! Entries will be accepted December 1- 18.
- Print Flyer