Shamrock Shape Up
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anybody that registers! All ages can get involved. The benefit of the virtual experience is that we can all come together for the challenge no matter where you are.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Sign up for the Shamrock Shape Up online for only $17. Before the Challenge starts, you’ll receive a link to join our club in STRAVA. This is an app that will allow you to track your progress, connect with the rest of our group, post photos, and more. At the end of the campaign, we will total up all of your combined minutes to see if you reached the goal, plus we will see how far we went as a group!
WHEN DOES THE CHALLENGE START?
The challenge will begin on February 1 and concludes 45 days later on March 17 (on St. Patrick’s Day, of course!).
- Participants will get a commemorative shirt just for registering!
- At the end of the challenge, medals will be distributed to those that successfully complete the 1,000 minutes of activity.
Besides the awesome swag you can receive, there are many reasons to sign up for our group challenge.
- It gives purpose to working out: If you have a purpose, you have a much better chance at sticking with something long enough to see results. You have a specific date range or specific goal that you’re committed to and are able to keep that in your mind when you want to skip workouts.
- It's better together: Solo fitness can get a little boring and it can be hard to connect with other enthusiasts during the uncertainties of the pandemic. Having a team where everyone is on the same journey is exciting and fun. You get accountability and support and you get to give accountability and support. Both build momentum and keep you excited about your fitness.
- More manageable: Instead of thinking about the lifelong journey of exercise, challenges have you micro-manage your fitness into an easy goal.
- You have a plan: No subscriptions or counting calories with this challenge and the goal is simple! Easy to follow challenges are typically more successful with people following through.
- Get results: If you have been working out, but not seeing any changes or getting bored, it is time to add something new. Adding extra movement, exercise, or a new CHALLENGE could just be what it takes to drive bigger and better results.
ADDITIONAL CHALLENGE INFO
- Each athlete is on the honor system when logging activity. This is an individual competition and you can only cheat yourself!
- All logged activities will count towards this challenge. Both GPS and manual activities will contribute to your challenge total. Progress will be determined by each activity's moving time. You can sync several fitness devices to STRAVA, download the tracking app available through STRAVA, enter a manual time using the STRAVA website, or upload your activities to the STRAVA website.
- Activities must be visible to "Everyone" or “Followers” to be eligible for this challenge (or we won’t be able to see them!). Be sure to check your privacy controls to ensure we have access to view your logged activities. Get in touch with us if we need to work on an alternative method to submit your activity time totals.
- Activities logged during the challenge must be uploaded to STRAVA no later than one day after the challenge ends.
- Don’t feel comfortable using STRAVA? No problem, just send us your log each week.