Print this page
EASTERN TULE GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY AGENCY JPA
The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) went into effect January 1, 2015. SGMA requires that local water agencies within all medium and high-priority sub-basins form one or more Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSA) to prepare a Groundwater Sustainability Plan (SGP). GSA’s must be formed by June 30, 2017 and GSPs must be adopted by January 1, 2010. The Tule Sub-basin, as defined in Bulletin 118 is one such Sub-basin.
Since late 2014, the public agencies in the Tule Sub-basin have been meeting to discuss the implementation of SGMA. In order to be in compliance with SGMA, all areas in a sub-basin must be covered by a GSA. If more than one GSA covers a sub-basin, a coordination agreement must be drafted and agreed upon by the GSAs.
Since 2015, the City Of Porterville, Porterville Irrigation District, Saucelito Irrigation District, Teapot Dome Water District, Vandalia Water District, Terra Bella Irrigation District, Kern-Tulare Water District, and the County have been meeting to form the Eastern Tule GSA to cover each District, as well as, white area in the Tule Sub-basin (map). The Boards and Council of county, city and districts approved an MOU (Tulare County Agreement No. 27407) with the Eastern Tule Interested Parties on November 3, 2015 with Resolution Number 2015-0916, along with the approval of a Joint Powers Agreement (Tulare County Agreement No. 27912) on December 6, 2016.
- Informational Meeting (8-3-2017) - Eastern Tule GSA and Farm Bureau to host Grower Meeting on Groundwater Sharing
- Organizational Chart for Tule Subbasin SGMA
- SGM Best Management Practices
- Proposed Boundary
- Stakeholder Application
- Hydrogeological Conceptual Model and Water Budget of the Tule Subbasin - Vol. 1
- Hydrogeological Conceptual Model and Water Budget of the Tule Subbasin - Vol. 2
- Draft Stakeholder Communication and Engagement Document
- Draft Framework and Implementation Roadmap for Sustainable Groundwater Management
- Web Map Showing Eastern Tule GSA Boundary and Tule Sub-basin with searchable parcels